In this two-day course, attendees gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Facilitate Scrum events
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Support relentless improvement
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results
- Support DevOps implementation
What Attendees Get
- Printed workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the Agile team
He graduated from Marmara University Computer Science and Engineering. He started his career at a pharmacy start-up.
After working as a software developer in Kuveyt Türk Participation Bank in technology infrastructure transformation, and working as Product Owner and Scrum Master in BSH Household appliances, he started to work at BSH as a Corporate Agile Coach in Germany.
While Doğan continues his coaching services, he also provides trainings and consultancy on Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Large Scale Scrum (LeSS), Kanban, Scrum, Lean Portfolio Management in Europe.
Dogan has been working on dozens of teams in Kanban Method and Scrum Framework; He took part in the onboarding of 4 teams on SAFe and one experiment on LeSS. Doğan cares about creating and implementing a transformation roadmap with senior executives and developing the necessary skills within the organization.
Doğan has the following certificates:
Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT), Certified SAFe 5.0 Program Consultant (SPC), Certified LeSS Practitioner, LPM, CSM, CSPO, KMP