Kanban System Design® KMP I
This 2-day training is for managers and also anyone who wants to learn the basics of the Kanban Method® and design their own Kanban Systems.
This course, also known as Kanban Management Professional I (KMP I), is the first course of the two courses that must be taken to obtain the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) certificate. KMP I is the prerequisite of KMP II. Participants are qualified to receive KMP knowledge with Lean Kanban University® by completing KMP I and KMP II courses.
- Understanding Kanban Systems
- Experiencing flow in a Kanban simulation
- Learning to design your Kanban System using STATIK
- Visual board design and Kanban card design.
In addition to understanding Kanban Systems, learning how to design a Kanban System and how to initiate change with Kanban;
- They learn an alternative route to Agile.
- Working in environments where priorities change frequently.
- They learn ways to be more quick and responsive to change through better risk management and governance.
- Understanding Kanban (Day 1)
- The Description of Kanban
- Kanban Method
- Flow and Kanban simulation
- Summary: Benefits and Outcomes of Kanban
- Practicing Kanban with STATIK (Systems Thinking Approach to Introducing Kanban) (Day 2)
- XIT case study
- Applying STATIK to participants' cases
- Visual ticket and card design patterns
- The next step: KMP II
Participants are expected to read "Kanban" by David J. Anderson or "Inside Kanban" by Mike Burrows.
Who should attend?
This training is for project managers, product managers, business unit leaders, change agents, Kanban Coaches, Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters, consultants and C-level managers who want to obtain business agility.
Participants are qualified to receive KMP knowledge with Lean Kanban University® by completing this training and KMP II courses.